Residential and commercial installation, repair and service for vent hoods. Let us help you find the Vent-A-Hood® that is appropriate for your needs.

How To Choose the Right Ventilation System.

To help you chose the right ventilation system for your kitchen, we suggest you determine the appropriate answer to the following questions (listed below each question) to help focus your search. That is, finding the Vent-A-Hood® that is appropriate for your needs—and identifying the size and blower specifications you’ll need when ordering. At the conclusion of this process, you will have matched your cooking equipment with the appropriate range hood.

What type of cooking equipment do you have?

> Standard electric
> Standard gas
> Professional style

What type of hood do you need?

> Wall-mount
> Under-cabinet
> Island
> Liner insert (wall-mount or island)

What size of Magic Lung® blower do you require?

Based on the type of hood you want and the type of cooking equipment you use, locate the appropriate blower on the following chart:

Because the Magic Lung® uses centrifugal filtration units rather than conventional baffle or mesh filters, the Magic Lung® blower can handle cooking equipment with higher cubic feet per minute (CFM) requirements—and can deliver equivalent CFM much more efficiently than other filtration systems. When comparing the Magic Lung® with blower units made by other manufacturers, use the “Equivalent CFM.”

vent-a-hood installation

What height hood do you need?

Whatever your kitchen’s ceiling height, Vent-A-Hood® can meet your needs. The bottom of a wall-mount or island hood should generally be mounted 30″ above the cooking surface, but an under-cabinet hood requires less space (24″–27″ for a 9″ hood, 21″–24″ for a 6″ hood). Be sure to account for the height of anything that will be above your Vent-A-Hood, such as a soffit, a cabinet or a duct cover.

> 6″ (under-cabinet)
> 9″ (under-cabinet)
> 18″ (wall-mount or island)
> 30″ (wall-mount or island)
> Other

What width hood do you need?

Wherever possible, the width of under-cabinet and wall-mount hoods should overlap the burners 3″– 6″ on each side. Island hoods must overlap by 3″– 6″ for proper performance.

> 30″
> 36″
> 42″
> 48″
> 54″
> 60″
> 66″
> Other

What depth hood do you need?

The hood should be deep enough to fully cover all burners.


> 19-1/2″ or 21″ (standard)
> Other


> 24″ (for standard and most professional cooking equipment),
> 27″ (for some professional cooking equipment) or other

Island hood:

> 27″ (for standard cooking equipment), 30″ (for professional cooking equipment) or other.
> 66″
> Other

How do you need to duct your hood?

> Top vent—the standard ducting location for all Vent-A-Hoods®.
> Back vent—under-cabinet SLH6-K model and 30″ tall wall-mount hoods may be top or back vented. Selected 18″ tall wall-mount hoods may be equipped for back venting; this must be specified at the time of the order and additional charges will apply.

Rebates & Incentives

Get deals, cash back or other incentives for installing an efficient, economic and environmentally beneficial HVAC system in your home or business.

Credit Application

A new HVAC system for your home means being cooler in the hot summer, and warmer in the cold winter. Fill out our credit application today.

Warranty Certificate

Your HVAC unit comes with a warranty which means manufacturer defects are covered. Have peace of mind that we have your A/C or heating system’s back.

Energy Calculator

Use this handly online energy calculator to custom select the perfect HVAC system for your home based on your individual wants and needs.

Don't put up with the heat! Give us a call!